Updated: Apr 6, 2019
The eyes are the window of the soul. Contempt of eye diseases (such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, etc.) influences students studying and prolonged ignorance of that may cause eye distortion. In addition, nowadays students have long hours using eyes on their studies and have the high frequency of using electronic products. Therefore, we hope the seminar could deliver the good eye Caring information to the student audiences.
Topic: Know More About Eye Caring (眼睛健康知多啲)
Date: 20 Feb 2020
Venue: S.K.H. Lam Woo Memorial Secondary School
Guest Speaker: Dr Alex Ng (Specialist in Ophthalmology)
Target Audience: High form students
● Basic knowledge of eye caring including the introduction of eye structure, reasons of blurred visions, and vision corrections
● Raise the present eye problems of secondary school students. E.g., Habit of using computers for long hours. Introduce the properties of blue light and UV lightand how these lights affecting our eyes
● General syndromes of eye diseases and visual problems
● Eye protection methods. E.g. More intake of food which is beneficial to eyes, change the habits of using computers and mobile phones, strengthen eye protection
● 20/20/20 Rules: Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. It is the more convenient and simplest way for preventing eye strains.